Sunday 27 November 2011

Weekend Cooking - Chicken Meal (Slow Cooker)


A few weeks ago I stopped by one of the regular blogs that I read. There I spotted a easy recipe that I could cook without too much pain and discomfort. It was so easy and smells very tasty as the smell wafts up the stairs!

Add to slow cooker
Frozen Chicken portions - breasts or tender parts
2 tins of Cream of Chicken or Mushroom soup - I used Mushroom
A park of dried seasoning - I used half a pack as a large one!

Just added to the slow cooker

Cook all day on low or half a day on high.
An hour before serving add 8oz of cream cheese - I used Dairylea cut into to cubes, or small spoonfuls.

Before serving mix the cream cheese into the sauce and then serve over a bed of rice, noodles or mashed potato. I served over a bed of mashed potato that had some grated cheese added to it.


I put the slow cooker on at about 11am on low, planning to eat about 7pm. As it was the weekend we were both home, although I really haven't been going out because of my back, so was pleasantly surprised when this was ready about 5pm! - we ate anyway! Hubby thought it was delicious and very tasty!

Source of original recipe was HERE and look at the November 17, 2011. A great site by which the author shares her family recipes.

Weekend Cooking is hosted by BethFishReads

2 comments:

  1. The slow cooker is such a life saver when you're not feeling well. This looks so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, my mouth is watering. I love slow cooker recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...