Monday 21 November 2011

Book Meme - Day 11 - A book you hated

By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept
This had to be By Grand Central Station I sat down and wept by Elizabeth Smart. Image courtesy of Amazon

Back in 1994 I was living in South East London and undertaking an English Literature module at the Middlesex University. This was one of the standard set reads.

Maybe, I am a philistine, but I simply do not get the book. Another read on Amazon as I write this post, and I can see from the reviews that it is referred to as a "timeless classic", and I still feel that I don't understand the book. 

Just to be fair to the author I am going to add this to my library list and have another read of it and see if anything clicks with me this time.

Fingers crossed!  Has anyone else read it, and what were your views?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...