Monday 14 November 2011

Book Meme - Day 07 - Most underrated book

This is a tough question to answer; in fact, I am not sure that there is an answer, as this is subjective to the book matter and the reader.

The success of a book is to me the following -

  1. Unable to put down, and begrudging putting the book down if I have too!
  2. A book where the storyline remains with me long after I have finished it
  3. A book that I want to tell everyone about
  4. A book where the storyline can either parallel something in my own life or that I can identify with or perhaps that I want to explore further.
Casting my mind back over the course of recent years. Books that have fitted into my own criteria are as follows
  1. Home: The Story of Everyone who ever Lived in our House by Julie Myerson
  2. Stasiland: Stories from behind the Berlin Wall by Anna Funder
  3. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
  4. A Thread of Truth by Marie Boswick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...