Wednesday 16 March 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Wk 11 - Illness & Injury


Week 11: Illness and Injury. Describe your childhood illnesses or injuries. Who took care of you? Did you recuperate in your own bed, on the couch in front of the television, or somewhere else?

Challenge runs from Saturday 12 March, through to Friday 18 March 2011

The first childhood illness that I had was actually during my pharmacy training, when I caught chickenpox from a patient. Boy was I ill. I was off sick for three weeks and felt truly dreadful. When I am poorly I like to be in bed with a book and usually can gage how ill I am by how much I read!

On the whole, I was a fairly healthy child and looking back what feelings of un-wellness I did experience I can probably contribute to my Thyroid condition, which did not become apparent until I was in my early 20s. You can read about the condition and the effects it had and some general pondering HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...