Monday 29 May 2006

Quilt by Donna E. Smyth

This was one of the books that was in the parcel from my BC penpal.

I had intended to take this book away with me this week when I head to London for a meeting as this this looked like easy train reading, but I started this and found that I read it in one sitting.

It is a beautiful story of a group of women in rural Nova Scotia who meet to stitch a quilt which is to be a raffle prize. As they stitch, their lives become as entwined as the threads.

This was such a lovely story that I shall offer this out as a book ray on the BCUK list. Thanks so much Mary-Anne for this delighful read. The Journal Entries are HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...